Like every other year, speculation and Kentucky Derby betting odds on who is the favorite to potentially win a Triple Crown swirl among sports betting fans. This year the favorite to win the Kentucky Derby is CALIFORNIA CHROME, the winner of the 2014 Santa Anita Derby and the 2014 San Felipe Stakes.
The Kentucky Derby odds for CALIFORNIA CHROME currently list the sir of Lucky Pulpit at 5-2 making him the favorite to win the Derby.
Trained by the father son duo, Art and Allen Sherman, CALIFORNIA CHROME has earned DAP Racing a total of $1,134,850 and has earned a 10:6-1-0 record. Bob Baffert, trainer of the 2014 Kentucky Derby contender Hoppertunity, compared CALIFORNIA CHROME to War Emblem, and stated, "As long as he breaks and he's in the clear...he just keeps going."
Is CALIFORNIA CHROME the likely winner of the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby?
Which horse is your favorite to win the 2014 Kentucky Derby? Whichever of the 2014 Kentucky Derby contenders you choose TVG.com, TwinSpires and Bovada.com are America's best horse racing websites to bet on the 2014 Kentucky Derby.
1. VICAR'S IN TROUBLE M. Maker/R. Napravnik
2. HARRY'S HOLIDAY M. Maker/C. Lanerie
3. UNCLE SIGH G. Contessa/I. Ortiz Jr
4. DANZA T. Pletcher/J. Bravo
5. CALIFORNIA CHROME A. Sherman/V. Espinoza
6. SAMRAAT R. Violette Jr/J. L Ortiz
7. WE MISS ARTIE T. Pletcher/J. Castellano
8. GENERAL A ROD M. Maker/J. Rosario
9. VINCEREMOS T. Pletcher/J. Rocco Jr
10. WILDCAT RED J. Garoffalo/L. Saez
11. HOPPERTUNITY M. Smith/B. Baffert
12. DANCE WITH FATE P. Eurton/C. Nakatani
13. CHITU B. Baffert/M. Garcia
14. MEDAL COUNT D. Romans/R. Albarado
15. TAPITURE S. Asmussen/R. Santana Jr
16. INTENSE HOLIDAY T. Pletcher/J. Velazquez
17. COMMANDING CURVE D. Stewart/S. Bridgmohan
18. CANDY BOY J. Sadler/G. Stevens
19. RIDE ON CURLIN W. Gowan/C. Borel
20. WICKED STRONG J. Jerkens/R. Maragh
Vegas Point Spreads, Betting Odds, Line Moves, Sports News & Free Sports Picks